Long Beach International Quilt Festival

Some images from Long Beach International Quilt Festival:







"Red Spirals" by Connie Watkins


"Oh! The Places You'll Go: Africa to Allentown" by Irene Berry


"Baltimore Star" c. 1865 unknown artist

"The Underground Railroad" by Beth Gilbert


Some thoughts about Long Beach International Quilt Festival:
I just got back home after the Long Beach show. The best part of my experience was connecting with old friends and making new ones. This is the magic of these shows for me.

I was able to purchase some great, unique fabrics at the vendors.

I found the show itself to be a reprise of last year's Houston International Quilt Festival. A friend and I were able to walk the quilts in the show in 45 minutes, something impossible to do at Houston. Maybe Long Beach just needs time to "grow up". So I'll give it that time. That being said I was personally disappointed that I did not see new works from our current known masters and new works from our previously unknown masters.

Comments

Popular Posts