Heart of Gold

One of my New Year's goal was to produce a gold heart locket, "Heart of Gold". I have wanted to make this for some time. I have tried several attempts. I want it to be as anatomically correct as I can make a miniature heart, including atria and ventricles on the interior of the locket.

The wax is done. I'm looking into getting it cast.

Unfortunately, the cost of gold has gone up. Generally speaking I love silver. I do not like gold 500 times more than silver. But this piece has to be gold for the tongue-in-cheek title to work. Also I envision it in high karat gold, 18 karat, if I can afford it. It's time to get it done and I'll just have to deal with the cost.

Art is like that for me sometimes. It's like the birthing/labor process. At some point the piece is "crowning" and it is forcing itself out one way or another.

Working on this wax has brought me joy. It is probably the finest wax I have ever produced.

Next stop: a wax for one of the bronzes in my Broken Hearts series.

Life is short. Do art now.

Comments

Popular Posts