Multisystem Shock: Graduate School in Nursing

I did it to myself.

That's what I get to tell myself. In physiology humans go into shock when there is not enough blood to perfuse organs. This results, if uncorrected, into multisystem organ failure. Then, the humans come to see us in an ICU.

My multisystem shock is a lack of time to perfuse my vital life activities. I have enrolled in graduate school in Nursing and am also employed full time as a night medical ICU nurse. Nights makes it's own time demands: I'm nocturnal. So it takes me two days off to run the errands that would otherwise take me one day off. Early morning is 2 pm for me.

Quilting is one activity that is going to suffer. So is my metalsmithing. So is relaxed time with husband. So is blogging. So is socializing.

It's time to prune my life and make lists. Not everything on the list is going to get done. As a perfectionist, that will bother me.

My goals until the program is done: work, sleep, and school. That's about it.

Comments

Unknown said…
It sounds to me as though you are doing all the right things to nurse yourself through this taxing period. The payoff in a few years is going to be wonderful!

Popular Posts