Temporary Insanity...

... aka remodeling.

Here's our kitchen before-ish. We called this phase "getting rid of ugly". It was so satisfying that I don't think we got any really good before pictures.

The paint was high gloss, hunter green.This room was taken down to the studs.

Here's close to the same view after. We chose cherry cabinets, soapstone counters, and white glazed subway tiles. Others thought I should have demo-ed the brick chimney. I kinda liked it. Fortunately, we didn't have the budget to remove it. I am happy now and everyone likes it. 

We got a custom soapstone sink made to fit by our counter guys. It is my most favorite item in the entire house. It even beats out my soaking tub for that honor. 

Here's one slab of custom soapstone going in with three very strong masons. It was amazing to see it go in: a heavy 3-D puzzle with expensive material and cabinets - but no pressure!

Comments

Chris said…
Beautiful! You made a lot of very good choices. How in the world did you live with that "ugly" for so long?
Thanks for the kind words, Chris. We bought the house in March 2014 but didn't move in until January 2015. I can't imagine how anyone can camp out in a whole house reno! Some of the rooms were taken down to the studs. We're still recovering from the stress of the reno. But having a home we love truly is a blessing. :)

Popular Posts