The Mortal Quilt Challenge

I've been an oncology nurse for over a year now. I work with in patients in a hospital - that means that they are very ill. Our patients usually have stays of weeks - sometimes for months. We become close to our patients and families. We celebrate with them when they are discharged and in remission. And one of the saddest things to hear is "so-and-so is back". We mourn.

Every week we can lose a patient. Sometimes we have known the family and patient for years. We all agree that it's the worse part of our jobs. We have known some very fine people. That's the privilege/burden of my job.

Facing mortality on a daily basis at work challenges my complacency. So I've challenged myself with my next quilt project:

If you knew this next quilt was going to be your very last one, what would you do?

When it's done I'll post the picture in this blog.

Comments

Popular Posts