Chocolat: Hot Cocoa


I was late to collecting the Chocolat line of fabric by Three Sisters for Moda. But I did manage to come on board.

I made a "utility quilt" for my sofa using Chocolat fabric. When it came back from the machine quilter I realized it was "too good" to be a utility quilt. So I'm making a second Chocolat Moda quilt and I'm calling it "Hot Cocoa". I'm trying not to make it "too good" so I can have a cozy quilt for my cold leather sofa. It will be a shaded nine patch.



I've enjoyed seeing how different quilters organize their stash. I have an Ikea tower with lots of little drawers. This is the perfect place to stash left over components from various quilt projects. When I make a lot of half-square triangles and don't end up using all of them them it's great to have a place to find them. They end up in future projects and provide additional "scrappiness" to projects. I like scrappy quilts.


It's also nice when I'm working on a project to stack components in these little drawers.

Quilting is such as nice way to create wholeness out of chaos. Mostly my quilt studio is in a state of chaos. I'm so excited to start the next project lately. So I haven't spent the time organizing. Organizing my fabric is one of the things on my "to-do" list for this spring/summer.

And now back to the joy of mixing patterns and colors. And the quiet pleasure of handling fine, soft cotton fabric. Ah, those mushy Modas....

Comments

Unknown said…
I'd love to see a picture of the "too good" quilt! :) The fabric is beautiful!
I'm planning on posting a picture of the other quilt called "Red Devil's Food Cake". I'm really having fun w/ the "Chocolat" theme of these quilts. ;-)
Anonymous said…
You write very well.

Popular Posts