White Wisteria

Here is my newest garden baby: a white wisteria. Doesn't it look ready to become a gorgeous garden diva? I can't wait - but I'll have to. It's a Japanese wisteria. As such it blooms before leafing out - so next year I'll have blooms. But I'm not sorry. I can't wait to see it.
I bought it to replace another white wisteria I killed. I mentioned that to the garden expert so that I can avoid repeating mistakes. He said, "they're hard to kill". OK that's me - the wisteria murderer able to accomplish hard garden gristly tasks.

This baby is in my white front garden. It's few feet from my other new baby: a white low-chill lilac. (Which I will also have to wait for blooms...)




I am sad to report that I am not sure of this rose's name. It is thriving despite neglect from me. (You see the "quilt sweatshop" is actually an accurate description.) It smells divine. Ah, spring in San Diego.

Comments

Popular Posts