slow

slow food, slow ___ [fill in the blank]

friends have told me about mindfulness meditation from Jon Kabat-Zinn. so i have been trying to do meditation walks. the beach is a great site for these. the waves themselves are relaxing. so much medicine supports that both walks and meditation are health-promoting.

a walk a day keeps the medication away.
a meditation a day keeps the doc away.

both are probably true. true as in, evidence-based, peer-reviewed journal articles.

walking recruits insulin receptors in our cells - reducing risks of type II diabetes. five 30-minute walks weekly has been shown in meta-analysis to reduce cardiovascular disease...

the photo above shows, what i think is pyrite flakes on the beach i walk on most. it's a blessing to have a golden path to walk. it is so hard for me to quiet my busy, "do-ing" mind and try to train up my "be-ing" mind. but most of all, i credit myself for showing up and trying.

Comments

Popular Posts