stuff is just stuff

Max "helping" me organize my quilt stash


it's time for some serious organizing in my household. i have hoarded a lot of stuff - too much stuff. i was astounded when i organized my stash how much William Morris fabric i had. i am giving away seven paper grocery bags of fabric. and i still have enough fabric to make queen-sized quilts for the remainder of my life. a lot of the gifted-away fabric is Civil War fabric. i have loved these replicated patterns but, when i next make a quilt; it will be my voice. i am more interested in Japanese indigo blue and white quilts (with lots of little triangles) and/or another two or three William Morris quilts.

fall makes me think about quilting. i look forward to hand quilting my Civil War feathered star quilt. it's about halfway done.  i have missed the quiet meditative time of hand quilting at night. time i think to work on completing it.

it feels liberating to give away stuff i am not using. i even gave away my wonderful guitar that i bought when i was sixteen. i have not played it in years. so much better for it to have the life it was meant to have - as an instrument - not an object. i loved the quote from White Oleander that said - you want to remember, then just remember. i also liked the quote that said - i will never forget these people in my life.

fall seems like a good time to reflect, remember, and simplify.

Comments

Popular Posts