Little Bitty Triangles


I may have mentioned my own obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) when it comes to quilting. It manifests in little bitty triangles. Like how can I add more triangles to a pickle dish. Like it doesn’t have enough already. How? Well how about I draft in Adobe Illustrator a squared off mariner’s compass to be the square components of this pickle dish? Well I did it. Also notice that I added a delectable mountain border – see, it didn’t have enough triangles yet! Notice the finished quilt: yet more triangles.

This picture also gives you a typical view of my house. One quilt on the coffee table (with Smoke in a hoop – which he insists on) and another being hand-quilted on the sofa. It took two years to quilt this baby (the pickle dish). Maybe I’ll actually try to show it sometime. (Something I haven’t done to date. Thus wacky wonky butterflies are very different from my usual OCD style of drafting in computer and then paper piecing. Variety is good for the soul.
Thanks to all the visitors and the nice comments.

Comments

Carin said…
I am still learning to quilt so my OCD shows up in matching points. I may unpick something 4 times until it is exactly how I want it. I love your kittys! Smokey looks like you made the quilt (and set up the hoop) just for him.
Nothing wrong with matching points!

Smokey says "Huh? Of course it's my quilt. Everything in this house is mine." And he includes us. Wonder where he got that idea? I can't imagine we spoil him or anything. ;-)

Popular Posts