Be Weird

One day I’d like to be able to be a full-time artist and a part-time nurse. Of course, now it’s the reverse; economic necessity, of course.

But I have a dream of making this happen some day. Imagine the freedom – choose to work, how much to work. This has been a dream since graduating from art school And I think the good news is that it is possible.

What helps me towards this goal are books such as The Overworked American and Voluntary Simplicity. Also I really enjoy the thoughts of financial guru, Dave Ramsey. I listen to his show while I sew. I especially like his phase – Be Weird. Seems that everyone is in debt – be different, be weird. We’re on track w/ Dave’s plan towards independence. We have no debts except the house. We’re weird!

William Morris fabric is on the left. It’s a part of the design for my Mortal Quilt Challenge.

Comments

Unknown said…
I aspire to weirdness. I don't always succeed, but I do try.
Carin said…
I also love to listen to Dave while I quilt! We are woring on being wierd. The fabric you posted is glorious!

Popular Posts