The Million Dollar Caterpillar

On December 16, 2007 we walked again through South Park (after Rebecca's scones first, of course). I was thrilled to find Monarch butterfly caterpillars in a local garden.


I love Monarch butterflies and remember growing up with them. As a kid I loved their jewel-like chrysalises, complete with gold trim. I bumped into the gardener of this patch. She kindly gave me some milk weed pods for me to grow my own crop of Monarch butterfly food. Can't wait to start next spring.

Also in this neighborhood we saw a two story house for sale. It was somewhat bigger than the following bungalows, but in the same general condition. Maybe even not as nice. It was listed for a million dollars.

I've been surfing blogs and seen plenty of pictures of snow. (I'm from Wisconsin so it's not novel to me.) It occurred to me that the million dollars is for having a mild climate that supports Monarch catepillars in December. Making them million dollar caterpillars.

I love these bungalows. Here's some of what I saw:



My dream bungalow - river rocks, great original windows with nice paint details

Nice paint job, nice fence - provides a boundary while still being airy

Love the bold color on this one.

Nice paint job.

Comments

Popular Posts