My white flower garden

These pictures are from spring. However, the garden is still pretty much like this in San Diego with a few exceptions. The irises and columbines are not in bloom. However, the 'Iceberg' roses are in bloom. I actually need to deadhead. The paperwhite Narcissus have just finished blooming. It's late autumn in a San Diego garden.

Here's the view out of my window from my quilt studio. The carob tree provides some shade that nutures some of the plants. The birds do use the front bird bath. There's an empty finch sock birdfeeder in the carob tree. It's a lot of work keeping that full. The cats sit at the window and thrash their tails and chatter when the birds feed.

White spanish lavendar, Santa Barbara Daisy, cuphea, and 'Iceberg' rose not yet in bloom.
I adore these double white columbine. These have also naturalized nicely into a small colony. I've tried to get single white columbines to naturalize but they haven't so far. I've tried plants and seeds. So far this is the only columbine that has naturalized. I love how the blooms are lime green at first and then become white.
This white iris is the mother plant of an entire iris colony. I like it so much I'm still figuring out ways to use it. Santa Barbara daisy is the ground cover around the feet of 'Iceberg' roses.
Austrailian tea tree, Leptospermum, in bloom next to some nice mexican feather grass, Nassella tenuissima, that has self-seeded. Another view of the carob tree. It's so nice to have a mature tree.
Cistus in bloom on the side garden. This one has little maroon dots in the center. There's also a white buddleia behind the cistus that I'm considering shovel pruning - especially after the fires. It can get a little too much like tinder even when watered.

Comments

Popular Posts