Walter and Caroline's Quilt

This quilt was made in honor of the renovation of Walter and Caroline's mission house.
I brought it up prior to the completion of the house renovation to show it to them. (This is not the house, by the way.) It's made primarily with reproduction William Morris prints as well as some Japanese imported prints. It's machine pieced and hand quilted. There's also some Kona Bay orientals in there. I tried to pick up the color ways of arts and crafts pottery; especially the matte green glaze. I think I found some good colors for that. I think it will be nice in the finished renovated home.

I designed it in one of those quilt computer programs. That was fine for this. But I found it to be cumbersome so I'm using Adobe Illustrator now. I design components and then print out onto paper for paper piecing. I don't bother with expensive "dissolvable" papers. I print on ordinary three ring binder filler paper. It's thin enough to tear easily.

Comments

Tonya Ricucci said…
ooh, I love it. You did a beautiful job. having a mix of blocks and patterns all this way and that. oh yeah!

Popular Posts